Your generosity allowed us to reach and exceed our initial campaign goal of $100,000.
In addition to your monetary donations, our advocacy work allowed us to secure significant in-kind donations of hand sanitizer and water storage containers to help support communities lacking running water and other infrastructure.
Please know that to-date, your contributions and connections made possible the distribution of over $300,000 worth of critical supplies to over 60 sites across Indian Country.
Urgent needs persist. To extend our impact have we raised our funding target to $500,000.
Here is how the funding will be used:
- Address PPE shortages in native communities and tribal facilities
- Provide essential supplies for tribal elders
- Water access: Purchase up to 10 water trailers or 1 water truck to support water distribution
- Food access in food deserts: Launch first experimental mobile grocery store in Navajo Nation
- Broadband access in rural areas: Pilot one broadband tower
These new projects target some of the underlying causes of COVID19 disproportionately harming native peoples. We very much hope you can continue supporting us in our efforts.
Managing donations, logistics and deliveries is daunting for our 100% volunteer organization, and we could not succeed without our partner organizations and the tireless work of so many who have joined our cause.
Please continue sharing our work and donating to our cause. We appreciate your engagement, contributions and prayers. We are deeply grateful and we thank you!
The Protect Native Elders Team